Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ways to Increase Traffic to Blog

The final assignment for my masters class is to implement two suggestions that my fellow students have tried to increase blog traffic. The two that I chose to implement were:
1) Added blog address to e-mail signature: I chose this because I send a lot of e-mails to a variety of people. So maybe one day when the days tasks are lacking others will click, view, and share.
2) E-mailed potential followers-I e-mailed the group of teachers that I work with heavily with the iLearn initiative so they may check it out frequently and also when a user asks how to do something I have tried to post the instructions here and send them the link to the blog.

This project of creating a blog has gotten me more interested in what the Internet is for, sharing information. In the past I have been one that normally searched for information but not added anything. As an educator I feel like the purpose that I created my blog turned into me teaching other professionals how to complete certain tasks and make them aware of things that may help them complete a job more efficiently. I hope to continue this blog and use the one my co-worker created for our district to increase my professional knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment