Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Xcode Results/VPP Update

I tried using Xcode to restore two iPods and both times Xcode gave an error and shutdown. I decided to make sure that my MacBook Pro had all the latest updates and it updated for a full day and never finished. So I had to hold down the power button in order to begin calculating the amount of money RCPS would need in order to be compliant under the VPP. The first estimate on ONE account is around $36,000, we have 14 accounts. Will keep everyone posted with a final total. I will also post additional information once I go through a successful Xcode iOS restore.

Update: 4/3/11: The account that I did my first calculations with for the before and after VPP actually purchased an app that was over 100.00 and several that were 30.00. From the lists that I have received from the teachers these apps are not being installed on all iPods so the initial shock of $36,000 doesn't seem to be the norm across the board. From the few that I have received from the teachers it is around $100-$150 per case of 20 iPods, which is still a lot of money but nothing like the initial post.

UPDATE: 11/9/11: XCODE is a great tool for updating. You have to run it on a machine that has Lion and run 4.2. It does save so much time. Will be posting something in a few days about the process.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm interested in how this turns out for you. We are just starting our VPP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete